Churchworks: A Well-Body Book for Congregations, published in 1999 by Skinner House and still a key resource for congregations, is being considered for updating.
Its author, the Rev. Anne Odin Heller, former district executive for the UUA’s Pacific Northwest District, is inviting congregational leaders to help her determine what changes to make. In addition to the questions below, she would welcome suggestions for activities or resources that could be included in the new edition.
Here are the questions for congregational leaders:
- What topics, if any, do you feel are missing from the first edition of Churchworks?
- What section(s) do you think are most in need of updating?
- What do you find most useful about Churchworks?
- What do you find least useful?
- How do you and your congregation use Churchworks?
- Is there anything else you would like to say?
Churchworks uses parts of the physical body as metaphors for various facets of congregational life. Chapters are focused on core documents, spirituality and worship, assessment tools, communications, vision, social justice and evangelism, ministry, conflict, organization, stewardship, etc.
Email responses by October 15 to Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them by ground mail to A.O. Heller, HCR 74, Box 21207, El Prado, NM 87529.